Cannabis Oil for Cancer
How Can Cannabis Oil Help Treat Cancer?
Cannabis oil has several anti-cancer properties. It is anti-emetic (decreases nausea and vomiting), anti-tumour (hinders the growth of tumours), analgesic (relieves pain), stimulates appetite, reduces stress and insomnia. This means that cannabis oil can be used to treat the symptoms of cancer, and to reduce the progress of the cancer.
Let us look at these one by one:
- Anti-emetic – CBD can work with the body’s endocannabinoid system, activating specific receptors in the brain that help to suppress nausea and vomiting.
- Anti-tumour – Cannabinoids can suppress tumours by forcing cancer cells to commit suicide. This also hinders the growth of cells and slows down the development of blood vessels that tumours depend on to grow. Cannabinoids can also stop metastasis, the breaking away of cancer cells from a tumour, to form a new tumour elsewhere in the body, using the blood or lymph system as their conveyer belt.
- Analgesic – Cannabinoids cling to CB1 endocannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system and in the peripheral nerve endings. They also cling to CB2 endocannabinoid receptors in peripheral tissue of the immune system. Cannabinoids reduce pain when they act on the spine and surrounding regions of the body, influencing pain pathways travelling up and down this central and peripheral nervous system. CBD and THC are both natural anti-inflammatory compounds – when CBD clings to CB2 receptors, it releases anti-inflammatory agents including serotonin and histamine – having an effect like that of morphine.
- Appetite stimulation – the body’s innate endocannabinoid system regulates many systems within the immune system, including appetite. THC is a great appetite stimulant in that it clings to CB1 receptors in the brain which could be linked to the perceptions of eating and getting rewards.
- Stress and insomnia – The endocannabinoid system can help to regulate moods and destroy any unpleasant, negative memories. CBD is a known anti-anxiety compound, calming people down and reducing stress. When cannabinoids work with the endocannabinoid system, they can induce better sleep patterns, so reducing insomnia and allowing the patient to calm down, eat well and sleep.
How Does Cannabis Oil Kill Cancer?
When CBD and THC connect to CB1 or CB2 endocannabinoid receptor sites on cancer cells, they can cause increased synthesis of ceramide which leads to cell death. Normal cells are not affected. The source of energy for the cancer to live is extinguished. The ceramide disrupts the digestive system within the cancer cell and impedes nutritional pathways. A cancer patient who takes THC and CBD regularly, over time, can keep metabolic pressure on these cancer cell death pathways.
Cannabis Therapy suggested treatment guidelines for Cancer:
Due to the nature of cancer, we would suggest pure organic medical grade THC/CBD oil. You would need to take 5 drops orally three times daily, in addition we would suggest 1 x 200mg THC/CBD capsule that would need to be taken just before you go to sleep at night for a month and then assess how the condition has improved.