We are often contacted by clients who would like to know more about cannabis oil for PTSD treatment. This condition is about extreme anxiety that results after a traumatic incident. This can be anything from childhood abuse, car accidents, loss of a loved one to war, abandonment, assault or robbery. Patients with PTSD get flashbacks, nightmares, insomnia and battle to fit into social situations.
PTSD, or posttraumatic stress disorder, is a set of reactions that can occur after someone has been through a traumatic event. The chance of developing PTSD depends on the type of event experienced, but about 5 to 10% of Australians will suffer from PTSD at some point in their lives.
Could I have posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
The main symptoms of PTSD are:
- Re-living the traumatic event through distressing, unwanted memories, vivid nightmares and/or flashbacks. This can also include feeling very upset or having intense physical reactions such as heart palpitations or being unable to breathe when reminded of the traumatic event.
- Avoiding reminders of the traumatic event, including activities, places, people, thoughts or feelings that bring back memories of the trauma.
- Negative thoughts and feelings such as fear, anger, guilt, or feeling flat or numb a lot of the time. A person might blame themselves or others for what happened during or after the traumatic event, feel cut-off from friends and family, or lose interest in day-to-day activities.
- Feeling wound-up. This might mean having trouble sleeping or concentrating, feeling angry or irritable, taking risks, being easily startled, and/or being constantly on the lookout for danger.
- It is not unusual for people with PTSD to experience other mental health problems as well, like depression or anxiety. Some people may develop a habit of using alcohol or drugs as a way of coping.
How Can Cannabis Oil Benefit PTSD?
Studies found that people with PTSD had lower levels of anandamide in their brains (a cannabinoid found naturally in the body). Anandamide and THC both stimulate the same receptors in the brain, which promote healing. Anandamide is an endocannabinoid that clings to cannabinoid receptors, and THC has a similar effect. So, posttraumatic stress disorder is a lack of endocannabinoids which can be balanced if cannabis oil is introduced as a medication. Try cannabis oil for PTSD, and it will immediately deal with the anxiety symptoms. CBD-enriched cannabis oil slows down the rush of thoughts the panic and allows the patient to think through the trauma without succumbing to its agony. Sleep patterns will improve, which straight away deals with anxiety.
Cannabis Therapy suggested treatment guidelines:
Panacea THC/CBD tincture and the patient can take five drops twice daily (morning and night)
If you would like to know more about cannabis oil for PTSD treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us today!