Pain is an unpleasant sensation that can range from mild, localized discomfort to agony. Pain can affect people physically and emotionally. When nerves are stimulated, people feel physical pain, but when emotions are stimulated, people feel emotional pain. Pain can be caused by injury, abuse or diseases which really invade the body, such as cancer or fibromyalgia. Depression causes another kind of pain that is felt in the heart. Pain is also related to inflammation, and if inflammation is healed, pain is reduced.
CBD has been shown to be:
- anti-inflammatory, meaning it has the potential to reduce joint pain associated with arthritis
- anti-oxidative, so it may reduce systematic inflammation by fighting oxidative stress and decrease symptoms of autoimmune conditions like lupus
- anti-emetic, meaning it can decrease vomiting and nausea associated with cancer treatments
- anti-psychotic, so it can ease symptoms of anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- neuroprotective, meaning it may help to slow the progression of neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS).2
Specific conditions that may be helped by CBD include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neuropathic Pain
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systematic inflammation
How Can Cannabis Oil Benefit Pain?
Cannabinoids in cannabis oil, known as cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), can fight inflammation by affecting the way the body deals with pain. The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a big network of cell receptors that influences the way the body deals with pain, inflammation, mood, appetite and sleep. Consuming cannabis oil changes the way the body regulates all of these things – CBD increases the number of endocannabinoids in the body and is able to help regulate the immune system. Deal with chronic pain the natural way when you allow CBD to calm inflammation and change pain signals in the brain. A safe, non-psychoactive cannabinoid, this compound is a natural medicine that you can use for your arthritis. Use cannabis cream too as a natural therapy instead of heavy over-the-counter pain killers.
Cannabis Therapy suggested treatment guidelines:
Panacea range of oils
Panacea THC/CBD tincture and the patient can take ten drops as needed for relief. If the pain is more severe, then a capsule or the balm can be suggested.