We are asked frequently about our insight into using cannabis oil for inflammation. Inflammation is the root of most diseases and is related to autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or type 1 diabetes. Inflammation is an opposing force in the body which creates an immune imbalance. The immune system could start to attack its tissues if action is not taken immediately. Inflammation also means that the body is trying to heal something, so it can also be a healthy response. It signifies the beginning of a healing process to protect the body. Inflammation also is the body’s way of defending itself against viruses and bacteria and to repair damaged tissues.
There are two main types of inflammation: acute and chronic.
An injury or illness can involve acute or short-term inflammation.
There are five key signs of acute inflammation:
- Pain: This may occur continuously or only when a person touches the affected area.
- Redness: This happens because of an increase in the blood supply to the area’s capillaries.
- Loss of function: There may be difficulty moving a joint, breathing, sensing smell, and so on.
- Swelling: A condition call oedema can develop if fluid builds up.
- Heat: Increased blood flow may leave the affected area warm to the touch.
These signs are not always present. Sometimes inflammation is “silent” without symptoms. A person may also feel tired, generally unwell, and have a fever.
Symptoms of acute inflammation last a few days. Subacute inflammation lasts 2–6 weeks.
Chronic inflammation can continue for months or years. It either has or may have links to various diseases, such as:
- cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- arthritis and other joint diseases
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- rheumatoid arthritis
The symptoms will depend on the disease, but they may include pain and fatigue.
How Can Cannabis Oil Benefit Inflammation?
Cannabis oil is a natural anti-inflammatory. CBD is the definitive therapy for inflammation as it is natural, alternative and has no side effects. CBD offers natural anti-inflammatory compounds and immunosuppressive qualities, making it a perfect natural medication for diseases like arthritis, multiple sclerosis, sore muscles and even cancer. CBD can therefore treat conditions of the central nervous system, brain and immune system. Used in combination with THC, CBD mitigates the psychoactive powers of the THC, and the two chemical compounds can treat chronic dis-ease.
Cannabis Therapy suggested treatment guidelines:
Panacea THC/CBD tincture and the patient can take five drops twice daily (morning and night).